Author Topic: URGENT, please help.. no time to waste  (Read 1939 times)

Offline makeitmyday

• Fish Out of Water
    • View Profile
URGENT, please help.. no time to waste
« on: May 14, 2008, 11:10:27 PM »
 :( A lot of my fish are developing a white film over their eyes.. I am assuming its cloudy eye... but I cant be 100% postitive. I have a 120 gallon tank with two canister filters, my water quality tests are mostly good except pH came up very low. Anyway, I am not sure what to do my 3 year old silver dollar isn't looking so good, he has stopped swimming, stays in one spot low to the gravel ; like resting on it, and doesn't really eat.. (his eyes are also the worst).

I need to do a water change, but am afriad of stressing him out even more.

I need to know if I should just do a water change now, or if I should treat with antibiotics (7 day treatment) and THAN do the water change?? Any info/advice would be wonderful.

Thank you all!

Offline nemosreef

• Mature Reef
  • Charleston Reefer
    • View Profile
Re: URGENT, please help.. no time to waste
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 07:41:23 AM »
I would do a good water change first he is so bad the water change is not going to stress him anymore than he is already stressed. Use a producht like Nitrofurozone or Kanamyacin. You can also did the silverr dollar in the mediccated solutin supper concentrate for three days. I really think he is to far gone to help but you have nothing to loosee by trying. Hope this helps.
For it is not 10,000 times I have tried and failed, but 10,000 ways I have found that have not worked.

38gal. Freshwater Planted Aquarium, 10gal. Freshwater Planted Aquarium.

Offline Surfzone

• Mature Reef
  • Charleston Reefer
    • View Profile
Re: URGENT, please help.. no time to waste
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 09:25:26 AM »
I would treat then do the waterchange. this will put less stress on the fish and after the meds you are going to have to do a water change anyway.
Kevin