Author Topic: Cardinals  (Read 3574 times)

Offline Surfzone

• Mature Reef
  • Charleston Reefer
    • View Profile
Cardinals
« on: September 14, 2009, 10:39:58 AM »
OK i've been away form things for a while. so here's what's going on in my tanks. Due to bryopsis and cyano i've just given up trying to keep up with a reef for the moment. i still have a few of my hardy corals, but for the most part it's just fish that i'm going to focus on for now.
     On the 29th of August i had a bangii cardinal spit his brood of 37 little cardinals. all of them are still alive and eating live artemia. they have easily tripled in size and the attempts of getting them on prepared foods is under way.
Kevin

Offline Surfzone

• Mature Reef
  • Charleston Reefer
    • View Profile
Re: Cardinals
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 03:21:49 PM »
these guys are starting to get their white spots. it's really cool to watch these fish grow and develop. they are almost all on frozen now and doing extreamly well. I anticepate i'll be getting rid of them come late October, or November.
Kevin

Offline Surfzone

• Mature Reef
  • Charleston Reefer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 10:52:12 AM »
last night i induced a spit and now i have 26 new born bangers swimming in a breeders net.
Kevin

Offline CNor

• Just Added My Fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 04:38:55 PM »
can pajama cardinals be tank spawned as easy as these?

Offline Surfzone

• Mature Reef
  • Charleston Reefer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 02:55:27 PM »
pajama cardinald can be spawned as easy as bangii's however the pajama cardinals do not hold the eggs as long (7days compared to the three weeks of the bangii) so the larva are spit rather small and need to be fed rotifers at first rather than baby brine shrimp. look on www.mofib.org for info on pajama cardinal breeding.
Kevin