Author Topic: Vertex Omega 150 Protein Skimmer  (Read 2636 times)

Offline jimjr208

• Fish Out of Water
  • Charleston Reefer
    • View Profile
Vertex Omega 150 Protein Skimmer
« on: November 20, 2013, 08:59:28 AM »
I bought the Vertex Omega 150 Protein Skimmer about 5 months ago and thought I would give my experience with it . The price of the skimmer was $399.99 , the most I ever paid for a skimmer . When you  pickup the Vertex Omega for the first time you can tell it is a quality made skimmer , it is made of heavy Cast acrylic and PVC with Hot welded seams . The Vertex Omega 150 has a Pinwheel impeller and custom Sicce pump that works well but may be hard to get parts for because of the custom pump . So how does it perform , it is very quiet and pulls  the darkest , worst smelling skim aid I have ever smelt .                            here is  the manufacturers info                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   •Wine Bottle Body Shape
•Cast acrylic and PVC construction
•Hot welded seams
•Pinwheel impeller and custom Sicce pump
•Fine tuning adjustable venturi
•Easily screw off collection cup
•Ozone injection point
•Ultra quiet operation
•Low power consumption
•High bio-load capacity
•Easy maintenance with Titanium screws
•2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- made for well-stocked reef aquarium up to 150gallons  .----------------- SO IN ALL I LOVE THIS SKIMMER IT IS THE BEST ONE I HAVE EVER OWN AND Vertex is a sub company of bubble king , same great quality but at a lower price .  here are some pic's the last one is the bubble king  so you can get a comparison
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 09:40:24 AM by jimjr208 »
reef junky for life

Offline jimjr208

• Fish Out of Water
  • Charleston Reefer
    • View Profile
Re: Vertex Omega 150 Protein Skimmer
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 11:48:03 AM »
40% Off Vertex Omega - BRS Black Friday Doorbusters  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV-LAGtm8BA      I wish I could have got this deal .
reef junky for life