Author Topic: STICKY: Sponsoring The Charleston Reefers Club  (Read 5344 times)

Offline minfinger

• Administrator
  • Mature Reef
  • Charleston Reefers Founder
    • View Profile
    • mikeinfinger.com
STICKY: Sponsoring The Charleston Reefers Club
« on: January 29, 2007, 10:26:00 AM »
Welcome to the site,

I'd like to first thank you for taking the time to visit our site.  Our club was founded in March of 2003, by myself Mike Infinger.  Through the help of Tideline Aquatics, one of our local fish stores in Charleston, SC and our first sponsor, I contacted several interested hobbyist and we decided on a time.  I already had a topic, Basics of Reef Keeping, it was a wonderful beginning.

Although over the years many fine hobbyist, experts, meetings, events, and curious people wanting to start tanks have come and gone, we still managed to keep a vast majority of our original members from the 1st year.  Our members and sponsors past and present are what give this club it's relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere.

This year is set to be one of the best so far.  We have more members taking a more active role in the web site and the club.  We're already pre-booked for the rest of the year on meeting & event locations.  All of our local fish stores are excited and look forward to our presence each month.

Even though this website is open for our members to teach themselves and educate other members, it is not without its expenses.  Some are aware and some are not of what goes on in the "Back End" of a website.  Changes happen all the time, from the mundane to the extreme, but always for the better and never without input from our members.  I've strived through the years to bring the best possible experienced to the people that make me the happiest.  I'm pretty sure I enjoy this more than they do, maybe there's a few that enjoy it more than me.

If you are a Local Fish Store, a Web Site Vendor, or a Product Manufacturer interested in becoming a sponsor of our club here is someone information you maybe interested in:

Since January of 2006 we have had 224 new members join our web site.
In 2006 we had 7700 visitors for a total of 40,191 visits, that's 5.21 visits per visitor.  The club began picking up steam and new members towards the end of the year.
So far in 2007 1050+ visitors for a total of 4276 visits and 500,000 hits, that's 4.22 visits per visitor.  Unfortunately I had the web site down for 7 days.

The site is registered under Google, Yahoo, and MSN as well as being constantly searched by many Search Bots.
Statistics don't lie, we're growing and so are our members.

If you choose to sponsor The Charleston Reefers Club this is what we offer in return:
1.  Your banner will be placed at the top of every page.
2.  You will also have your own forum to discuss/advertise your products and answer questions from our members.
3.  Your banner will be placed at the bottom of every newsletter sent out.

The cost of sponsorship is $100/yr.

All we ask is that you allow us the benefit of your products and services.

Please contact me if you are interested minfinger1@sc.rr.com

Thank you,
Mike Infinger
Founder
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 12:37:28 AM by minfinger »
Webmaster & Founder
Sadly I only have the Reef Tank in my mind :-(

*** WEBSITE HOSTING AND DESIGN
$300 for simple Small Business Package, $100/yr Hosting Service available.

Offline tristar

• Fish Out of Water
    • View Profile
Re: STICKY: Sponsoring The Charleston Reefers Club
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 08:53:57 PM »
I am somewhat new to this site, I have been a member since November. I will say this, I don't have money to donate and I didn't join to get special privileges. I just wanted to get help, knowledge and stuff like that. Its cool that you offer discounts. Not that I am saying I don't need to save money, But its not expected.